People used to only venture north of 635 for the occasional trip to Ikea or to cross the border for the casinos on the weekends. Now Far North Dallas is making a name for itself and its worth the trip- just ask Jerry Jones! Whether you’re a transplant from California working at the new North American Toyota headquarters or you’re taking a tour of the new Cowboys facilities in Frisco, the Shops at Legacy is now home to some of the most innovative bars in the area.
We’ve put together some of our topnotch faves!
– Henry’s Tavern: If you’re looking for a bar with an extensive beer selection from domestic gems including Red, Brown and Amber ales to fancy European specialties, Henry’s is your place. Grab a spot on the patio or play some pool. They even have your shuffle board during happy hour if you want to change it up. Make sure to try something from the bar menu like the Gorgonzola Waffle Fries or the Country Fried Calamari that’ll leave your taste buds happy and your wallet even happier.
– Scruffy Duffies: Want to relive your college bar hopping days but need to be able to “adult” the next day instead of nursing a hangover from cheap vodka? Scruffy Duffies is your place! A DJ and happy hour specials make this a crowded bar reminiscent of Thirsty Thursdays gone past without the fake IDs and red party cups.
– Del Frisco’s Grille: A social staple in Uptown has made its way up the Dallas North Tollway. A newer addition to the shops, Del Frisco’s Grille, is complete with a patio for optimal people watching, trendy cocktails, and sophisticated twists on American classics (order the Cheesesteak Eggrolls and thank me later). Happy Hour specials are a perfect pick-me-up after a long day at the office. The Sunday Brunch menu is a major upgrade from mimosas that won’t leave you with a headache three drinks in.
– Mexican Sugar: Patio plus Mexican food and Margaritas- need we say more!? Mexican Sugar is a busy Latin restaurant that boasts a “Tequila Library” and offers diverse food options like Squash Blossom Quesadillas and Cajeta French Toast on the brunch menu. If you’re looking to spice up your to go drink options, the Hibiscus Margarita or the Machete are house favorites.
– Pepper Smash: Noted as a “Cocktail Kitchen” and its use of liquid nitrogen in their drinks, Pepper Smash is a stylish bar with handcrafted cocktails and a full menu. Specialty drinks like the Cotton Candy Martini and the Thai Gin Fizz along with Chicken and Waffles for brunch, make this spot a must try while you’re out and about in Plano.
The Shops at Legacy is truly is a great place to go spend some time if you’re looking for bite or to just get a drink. Make sure to contact our team to find your next place to live. Search Dallas area apartments and have one of our locators assist you. The best part is our service is free!
Our apartment locators are experts and can even recommend the best place to live depending on your lifestyle. We look forward to guiding you.
Header image courtesy of peppersmash.com